Lord, I'm Weary



Psalm 119:116, "Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed."

Today, as I readied for work, I felt so tired.  My spirit is drained. I've been fighting this battle for my grandson for a long time. We have good days and we have bad days and there's no predictable pattern. When we get a good day, I am afraid to rest on my laurels because another war might be just ahead. 

As I prayed, I immediately remembered the scripture:
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls"

I recited it a few times and then said, "OK Lord, you said to come to you if I am weary and burdened. Here I am!"  

I'd love to say that I immediately felt better, but instead, it has been a gradual increase in strength and energy. My heart is praising and my burden does feel lighter. Isn't that the promise?  He is gentle and He is gently restoring me. 

3 comments:

  1. I think of the writing "Footprints". He carries us when we can't walk. Love to you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, He is right there when we are weary. He will pick you up and carry you. The hardest times in my life were the times that I grew the most in my relationship with Him. I am praying that for you, sister!

    ReplyDelete