A Difficult Journey


I've mentioned my beautiful grandson who is waiting for a heart transplant.  It's been 9 weeks since he was taken via ambulance to Children's Hospital. The journey has been long and hard.

We are waiting on something that has no firm timeline. I can't wrap my mind around the thought that another child must die to save Nolan's life. I cannot and I will not pray for that. Instead, my prayer is that when some family faces a loss, the Lord will be present with them for comfort and that they will have the courage it takes to make the decision that will save lives.

In the mean time, I pray that God will sustain Nolan.  A dear friend send me a scripture:

Psalm 73: 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

How perfect! I am trusting God to continue to sustain Nolan until his perfect heart arrives.  Please, pray for him and for us.



2 comments:

  1. As I was looking through morning blogs, I saw Nolan's face next to your blog name on my blogger page. It was instant recognition and my heart filled with love. I guess because we are friends and I pray for him and think of him numerous times throughout the day I feel I know him. I realized that I actually have fallen in love with him.

    Waiting is so hard. It takes so many things that God requires of us...trust, patience, and obedience. Like you, I cannot pray for a family to lose a child. I do pray, however, for both families to be wrapped tightly in God's loving arms. I pray for God's will to be done. I pray for compassion for all involved. This is such a hard situation, but I believe, no, I KNOW, God's timing is perfect and He is waiting patiently for it to be the perfect time to heal precious Nolan.

    My prayers remain constant. Think of 2Corinthians 5:7....I walk by faith, not by sight. Regardless of what the situation looks like, God, and God alone, is the decision maker.

    Much love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with your entire family. I just found your blog through a comment you left on mine. I will continue to pray for your family. I look forward to the victorious post that Nolan has received what he needs.

    ReplyDelete