I WON AN AWARD!!


Thank you to Marci at Life with Joys for giving me this award!  I'm so EXCITED!!

Facts of the Liebster Award:The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see.

The Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you. (My 11 questions for each of the 2 nominated blogs are near the bottom of this post!)
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. (At the very bottom of this post you will find the links!) I only selected two because I don't know enough bloggers that fit in the category. I wanted to select blogs I actually like and follow. 
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (see the intro of this post!)

Eleven Things You Might Not Know About Me

  1. I was raised on welfare by a single mom and I was destined to repeat the cycle...but GOD!!!
  2. I love dark chocolate. 
  3. I hated high school so I graduated a year early. 
  4. I didn't start college until I was 25. 
  5. I dance to commercial music.  As soon as a commercial with a good beat comes on, I am on my feet and dancing. My husband laughs. 
  6. I don't have a lot of real life friends.   
  7. My secret dream is to reform the welfare system into one that works for the people dependent on it. 
  8. I can only sleep on the left side of the bed.  
  9. I'm completely deaf in my right ear. 
  10. Every time I mow the lawn, I manage to break the mower. 
  11. I love walking in the woods. 

Eleven Questions from Marci:
1.   What is your favorite season and why? I love SUMMER because it's warm and we spend a lot of time together as a family.    
2.   Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person.  I can stay up till very late every night.  
3.   What did you want to be when you were a little girl? I wanted to be a teacher.
4.   What is your favorite movie? I love Grease, mostly for the music. 
5.   If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? I'd love to talk with Lisa Bevere because she has a similar personality to mine. She proves that you can be a bit 'spicy' and still be in ministry. 
6.   What is your favorite decoration you have in your home? I have a thing about chickens in the kitchen. I have several of them and they are all cute. 
7.   What is your favorite color nail polish? I like pinks.  
8.   What is the craziest thing you have in your closet? I have my wedding gown in my closet.  Not exactly crazy, but it's there. 
9.   Where is your favorite place to go for date night? Dinner and a movie. We're old school. 
10. Do you prefer chocolate candy or gummy candy? Chocolate
11.  Do you prefer to be barefoot or do you prefer to be in shoes? I am barefoot all summer long. 

Eleven Questions for My Nominees
  1. What is your favorite book of the bible and why? 
  2. Who was your favorite teacher?
  3. Did you have a mentor (or do you now)?
  4. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
  5. If money were no object, where would you vacation for a week?
  6. What is your greatest accomplishment?
  7. Tell me about your first car?
  8. Are you close to your parents?
  9. Who taught you about Jesus?
  10. What goals are you currently working on?
  11. What is your favorite meal?

My Nominees







2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I have been discouraged about several things lately and this made my day. I will work on choosing some blogs tomorrow and answering the questions. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 11 facts and answers to my questions made me giggle. We are alike in so many ways!! My family shakes their heads when I walk through the living room dancing to commercials, I love chocolate, and bare feet are a must!

    Love you my sister!

    ReplyDelete