7 Steps- Make your Dreams Come True! What's Stopping You?


Do you have a dream?  Is there a goal you've held in your heart but have given up because it seems impossible?  When was the last time you considered your life and what you were created to accomplish?  

There was a time when I imagined myself writing books, teaching, and mentoring lives. At the time, there were many reasons that this could not happen. I had all those reasons listed in my brain and for a time, I was immobilized  I had no education. I had no forum.  I had no clue how to write a book.  Today, I am pleased to say I have reached those goals and I am currently expounding on them, on my way to greater levels. 

I encourage you to take a few minutes and think, imagine, and envision. What is your dream?  Let go of all the fear and imagine that it could happen. I have a few steps that will help you get there. These are the steps I used in my own life. 


  1. Write it down. There's something about seeing your goal on a piece of paper that changes your mindset.  It becomes a concrete and creates a sense of accountability. 
  2. Speak it.  Share your dream with someone close to you. Choose carefully. 
  3. Identify the obstacles. What's in your way?  Do you need an education? Money? An opportunity?  
  4. Set objectives with a timeline. Be realistic, but give yourself a time limit or you'll put it off.  For example, if your goal is to go back to school then your first objective is to get signed up for classes. Set the deadline and create an alert in your phone to remind you. Make it happen!
  5. Surround yourself with supporters. Some people will believe in you and some won't.  It's a fact of life. Stick with the believers.  
  6. Reward yourself. As you meet your objectives, remember to celebrate. If your goal is to write a book then promise yourself a reward when the first draft is written and another when your revisions are completed. Your rewards can be simple, for example, maybe you'll take a Saturday off to sleep in, spend the day at the park, excuse yourself from every bit of work. If you can afford a more lavish reward then go for it!  The important thing is that you take the time to celebrate your achievements. 
  7. Don't get discouraged. There are things in life that you can't control. If something new crops up to get in your way, face it and don't lose faith in yourself.  It's just another obstacle and you might need a new game plan.  Adjust and keep moving forward.  
If you need a pep talk or help identifying your objectives, email me!  I'd love to talk with you and I promise to cheer you on!  



No comments:

Post a Comment