Longing...


Tomorrow, spring is scheduled to arrive but our weather is not following the calendar. It snowed all day and our fireplace is blazing to burn off the chill. The weatherman said that the next few days won't be much different.  After the long, cold winter, it's disappointing to welcome spring dressed in a wool coat, hat, boots, and mittens. 

Maybe I'm torturing myself, but I've been daydreaming about summer days. I miss walking in the woods. I love the sound of the wind shuffling the leaves of the trees. I can close my eyes and imagine that sound. I wonder if anyone has ever recorded it.  

Sitting lakeside is another thing I'm longing for. My husband and I will take our Kindles, a blanket, and some snacks to spend a few hours together.  We attempt to read, but ultimately we'll find ourselves distracted by the beauty of the water. I can't count the conversations we've had about our future lakeside home. I have no idea if we'll ever buy one, but it's fun to talk about it.  

I'm longing for new green grass, buds on the trees, and a lake that is free of ice. I'm longing for the peace that I always find deep in the woods or nestled beside a lake. I'm thankful that our father provided such such amazing place for us to live.  
 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment