Hurt by a fellow Christian



Have you ever been hurt by another Christian? It's a different pain than one we've experienced in the world.  Maybe it's because we trusted on a deeper level.  Maybe it's because we simply expect more from a Christian.  Maybe it's because we instinctively let our guard down with Christians; we assume we're on the same team.

I've personally known people who've left their church over the wounds they received from another member. I know one sweet lady who now refuses to attend another church.  It's sad because she was a leader and a faithful member. One person's harsh words changed all that.

It's really difficult to know how to respond in these situations. I don't have the answers. My goal is to follow the scripture in Hebrews and attempt to live in peace with everyone because, as the scripture says, if we don't strive to be holy we will not see the Lord. That helps me to focus on what is important.

I'd like to hear feedback on this topic.  Have you ever been hurt by another Christian?  How did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment