Six years....



Six years ago today, I said goodbye to my grandma for the last time. When I left her hospital room, I thought I'd see her again. I had no idea she'd pass about 24 hours later. She'd been struggling with a heart issue for a few years and finally, on her way to a procedure, her heart just stopped. Thankfully, Grandpa was with her, holding her hand.

She was a really special person and I can't imagine my life without her imprint. The picture above is her holding me when I was only about six months old. She was a very present part of my childhood and I loved her dearly. I still do.

I will always thank God for giving me such a wonderful Grandma and I am looking forward to seeing her again in heaven. I miss her, but I'm thankful that the pain has eased to an ache.  I know that she is with Jesus and she's whole again.

Today, I'm thinking of my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment