Mercies...that's PLURAL!


I mess up. Every single day I make mistakes. I'm sitting here thinking of the mistakes I've already made today and it's not even 2:00 in the afternoon.  

Here's my list so far:

  • Read something that made me angry and I had some very unkind thoughts
  • Had a phone conversation that bordered on gossip
  • Entertained some critical thoughts about another Christian
I'm sure there is more and I still have an entire afternoon and evening to get through. I'm a work in progress and I refuse to excuse my wrong choices. My goal is that I will learn to control my tongue and my thoughts so that I can fully honor God with every aspect of my being.  

I love the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness and I found myself singing it this afternoon.  Morning by morning, new mercies I see... MERCIES! That's PLURAL! isn't that wonderful news? Imagine if we were each only allowed a finite number of mess ups. YIKES!- I'd be in trouble.  

I thank God for his unending mercies. I don't ever want to take this for granted and risk abusing this wonderful gift. I pray that as continually get better and rely less and less on the generous gift of mercy. 

If you messed up today, take a moment and repent and then thank our father for His mercy.  Tomorrow's a new day with a new supply!  


No comments:

Post a Comment